ALL HAZARD PREPAREDNESS KIT
The Office of Emergency Management suggest that citizens begin to plan household precautions. Recommendation include establishment of the "all hazard preparedness kit."
Prepare a "Disaster Supplies Kit" by assembling supplies you might need in an evacuation. Store them in an easy-to-carry container, such as a backpack or duffle bag include, but do not limit yourself to:
- A supply of water (one gallon per person per day). Store water in a sealed, unbreakable containers. Identify the storage date and replace every six months.
- A supply of non-perishable packaged or canned food and a non-electric can opener.
- Blankets or sleeping bags
- A battery-powered radio, flashlight, and plenty of extra batteries
- A first aid kit and prescription medications
- An extra pair of glasses
- A change of clothing, rain gear, and sturdy shoes
- Credit cards and cash
- An extra set of car keys
- A list of family physicians and other important contacts
- A list of important family information; the style and serial number of medical devices, such as pace makers.
- Special items for infants, elderly, or disabled family members.