ANIMAL CARE & CONTROL DEPARTMENT
Mansfield Animal Care & Control is a city shelter used to hold, care for and adopt out impounded strays and owner released animals.
Our purpose is to promote safe neighborhoods for people and their pets.
- * 2-FOR-1 Tuesdays each Tuesday we will feature two pets for the price of one
- * Free Feline Fridays each Friday cats are free to adopt
* - The adoption fee is waived but you do not receive the vouchers. A microchip can be given at the time of adoption for $20, and you are still responsible for having the animal sterilized and the rabies vaccination given. If the animal has already been sterilized and is up to date on all vaccinations that we have given the fee is $35
We will be suspending the trap program until further notice.
During business hours any calls concerning coyotes may be reported to Animal Care & Control at 817-276-4799 and after hours call the Mansfield Police Department Non-Emergency number 817-473-0211.
The Mansfield Animal Care & Control Department has received several calls and complaints regarding wildlife issues, including Coyotes. Due to the recent increase in wildlife related calls it has become necessary for Mansfield Animal Care & Control to research and develop a comprehensive plan of action for wildlife related calls. Therefore, Mansfield Animal Care & Control are working closely with Texas Wildlife Services, a Division of the USDA, who has provided a specialist in the study of, and if necessary the trapping or lethal enforcement of, urban wildlife.
In the meantime Mansfield Animal Care & Control would like to make the public aware of a few basic facts regarding wildlife. Read More ...
Dogs in need
Dogs have long been man's best friend, they provide protection, alerts, and fun for years to come.
Cats in need
Cats have surpassed dogs as the most popular pets. These furry kritters provide tons of entertainment and affection.
Current Shelter Projects
Volunteers are needed to:
- Exercise Dogs
- Bathe & Groom Dogs & Cats
- Interact With and Train Dogs & Cats
If you would like to help, please contact the Shelter at 817-276-4799 or stop by and visit us. Any help is greatly appreciated by the staff & animals!
Top 10 lists of wants
- Large Shade Cloth over the outside dog runs and over the bench in the outside meet and greet area
- Redo the chicken coup to make it both usable and eye catching (maybe paint it to look nice)
- paint the front of both kennels to make it look more inviting
- paint the inside of both of the dog kennels to make it more inviting and give the dogs something to look at
- small stainless steel kennels to hold feral cats, rabbits, wildlife, misc. small animals
- make a surgical suite to bring in vets to perform sterilization surgery
- get the van wrapped so it appears more animal friendly and add cages to easily transport the animals to surgery
- purchase equipment for the mobile adoption unit (pop up tent, cooler, chairs, adoption vests for dogs, t-shirts for staff & volunteers)
- add fencing around the sally port to keep animals confined so that if they get away from the officers they are still confined
- large outdoor shelving to hold all of the traps so that they can be organized and are up off the ground
The Animal Care & Control hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Emergency Call Out hours of operation are 4:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. Monday - Friday and all day on the weekends. To notify of an emergency please contact the Mansfield Police department at 817-473-0211.
The Animal Control offices and shelter are located at:Go to the top of the page.