The Department of Planning administers land use and subdivision regulations designed to encourage the development of safe, accessible, and attractive properties and the enhancement of property values in Mansfield.
The department also provides technical assistance on zoning and development matters that go before the City Council and the Planning and Zoning Commission.
Historic Mansfield is the cultural and historic heart of the community. In recent years, the area has seen increased community events and business interest with potential for much greater vitality by tying the businesses and pedestrian scale of classic era development along Main Street to its surrounding neighborhoods.
To assist with the City’s ongoing revitalization efforts for Historic Mansfield, Gateway Planning has prepared a draft implementation plan to establish a maturing vision that supports existing businesses, meets market demand by providing a range of Historic Mansfield housing options, and improves the destination function of Main Street. In addition, the draft report includes regulatory recommendations to implement the vision for Historic Mansfield and public improvement recommendations.
The City of Mansfield has adopted new construction standards for all new wood privacy fences and existing wood privacy fences undergoing replacement or repair. Among the new standards now is place:
- A fence permit is required and must be obtained prior to construction of the new or replacement fence 5 feet in height or greater.
- Vertical fence posts must now be galvanized steel
- Horizontal stringers must be used to securely fasten fence materials
The new standards are designed to improve wooden fence construction and prevent the fences from leaning and falling due to rot, decay or vandalism.
For more information on the new fence construction standards, contact the city’s planning department at 817-276-4259 or click here for the detailed requirements and permit application.Posted on 01/04/13
- Planning and Zoning Commission Agendas and Minutes
- Zoning Board of Adjustments Agendas and Minutes
- Development Review Committee
- Tree Reforestation Schedule
Development Review Schedules
- Residential Accessory Building Guidelines
- Wood Privacy Fence Guidelines
- Home Day Care Guidelines
- Residential Parking Guidelines
- Plat Application
- Zoning Change Application
- Concept Plan Application
- Specific Use Permit Application
- Board of Adjustments Application
- Tree Preservation Certificate
- Tree Removal Permit
- Fee Schedule
- Detailed Site Plan Application
- Gas Drilling and Production Forms
(Applications are due by 12:00 p.m. on the application date)
The Comprehensive Land Use Plan represents the culmination of field studies, analyses, and input from Citizens and City Staff regarding the present and future development of the city.
- Official Land Use Plan
- Discover Historic Mansfield - A Vision and Action Plan
- Historic Mansfield Downtown Design Plan
Ordinances are provided to give property developers a greater understanding of adopted development regulations.
- Chapter 114 Gas Well Drilling Regulations
- Gas Pipeline Resolution
- Design Guidelines for Planned Development Districts for Residential Neighborhoods
- Zoning Ordinance
- Subdivision Ordinance
- Tree Preservation Ordinance
- Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- South Pointe Development Plan (3.1mb)
- The Reserve at Mansfield Development Regulations