The Department of Planning administers land use and subdivision regulations designed to encourage the development of safe, accessible, and attractive properties and the enhancement of property values in Mansfield.
The department also provides technical assistance on zoning and development matters that go before the City Council and the Planning and Zoning Commission.
The City of Mansfield has adopted new construction standards for all new wood privacy fences and existing wood privacy fences undergoing replacement or repair. Among the new standards now is place:
- A fence permit is required and must be obtained prior to construction of the new or replacement fence 5 feet in height or greater.
- Vertical fence posts must now be galvanized steel
- Horizontal stringers must be used to securely fasten fence materials
The new standards are designed to improve wooden fence construction and prevent the fences from leaning and falling due to rot, decay or vandalism.
For more information on the new fence construction standards, contact the city’s planning department at 817-276-4259 or click here for the detailed requirements and permit application.Posted on 01/04/13
- Planning and Zoning Commission Agendas and Minutes
- Zoning Board of Adjustments Agendas and Minutes
- Development Review Committee
- Tree Reforestation Schedule
Development Review Schedules
- Residential Accessory Building Guidelines
- Wood Privacy Fence Guidelines
- Home Day Care Guidelines
- Plat Application
- Zoning Change Application
- Concept Plan Application
- Specific Use Permit Application
- Board of Adjustments Application
- Tree Preservation Certificate
- Tree Removal Permit
- Fee Schedule
- Detailed Site Plan Application
- Gas Drilling and Production Forms
(Applications are due by 12:00 p.m. on the application date)
The Comprehensive Land Use Plan represents the culmination of field studies, analyses, and input from Citizens and City Staff regarding the present and future development of the city.
- Official Land Use Plan
- Discover Historic Mansfield - A Vision and Action Plan
- Historic Mansfield Downtown Design Plan
Ordinances are provided to give property developers a greater understanding of adopted development regulations.
- Chapter 114 Gas Well Drilling Regulations
- Gas Pipeline Resolution
- Design Guidelines for Planned Development Districts for Residential Neighborhoods
- Zoning Ordinance
- Subdivision Ordinance
- Tree Preservation Ordinance
- Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- South Pointe Development Plan (3.1mb)
- The Reserve at Mansfield Development Regulations