PARKS & RECREATIONS DEPARTMENT
This year's Hometown Holidays will be presented by the Methodist Mansfield Medical Center and the City of Mansfield.
ABOUT THE PARADE
The Hometown Holidays Parade through Historic Downtown Mansfield will take place on Saturday, December 14th and feature over 50 entries including floats, bands, and marching units representing civic clubs, schools, churches, area businesses and local corporations. It promises to be a great event and a very special way to kick off the holiday season!
- Date: - Saturday, December 14, 2013.
- Time: - Line up is at Noon at St. Jude Catholic Church and the parade starts at 3:00 pm.
- Route: - View the Map - The parade route is approximately 1/2 mile long starting at St. Jude Catholic Church, goes west on E. Dallas St., north on S. Main St., east on Oak St., south on Smith St., east on Broad St. west on Waxahachie St. and ends back at St. Jude Catholic Church.
The Hometown Holidays tree lighting events will begin at City Hall, 1200 E. Broad St., after the parade and run from 4 to 6 p.m. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be in their house ready for visits. There will be arts and crafts, entertainment, horse drawn carriage rides and food vendors on hand. The event will conclude with the City Hall tree lighting and fireworks at 6 p.m. The events are still free and open to the public, although there will be a cost for concessions.
FOR PARADE PARTICIPANTS
- General Parade Participant Information
- Submit Your Parade Participant Announcer Entry Information Online (Printable form available)
** Applications to be in the parade are no longer being accepted. **Go to the top of the page.