LIBRARY STARTUP INFORMATION
START UP INFORMATION
Why get one?
You need a Library Card to take advantage of all the materials, resources, and services the Library has to offer, including use of a library computer.
How do I get one?
Simply stop by the Library with a current picture ID and proof of address and you can be set up in just a couple minutes.
Who can get one?
Anyone who can provide a current state or federal picture ID and proof of current address can get a free Mansfield Public Library card.
Patrons with Mansfield Library cards may reserve materials by going to the library catalog and clicking on the MY ACCOUNT tab. You will receive a phone call when the items become available for pickup. You may reserve up to 10 items.
There is a limit of 3 VHS tapes, 3 DVDs, 3 Audiobooks, and 3 music CDs per check out. There is a 5 item limit per subject and on Holiday (Easy section), Bluebonnet and Caldecott books. There is a limit of 5 magazines per check out. All materials may be renewed (over the phone or in person) as long as there are no excessive fees on your account, and the material is not on reserve.
- Books - 3 Weeks
- Audiobooks - 3 Weeks
- Magazines - 3 Weeks
- Videos & DVDs - 1 Week
- Music CDs - 3 Weeks
Fees or charges may be levied for overdue, damaged, or lost materials. Materials will be examined as they are returned and fees and charges may be assessed. Lost materials should be reported to a library staff member.
Overdue fee for late materials:
- $.25 a day each for late books, magazines, and audiobooks
- $.50 a day each for late interlibrary loan items
- $1.00 a day each for late DVDs, VHS tapes and music CD
- $.10 a page for black and white printing from a computer
- $.25 a page for color printing
- $.10 a page for B&W photocopies
- $.20 a page for B&W photocopies two sides
- $.25 a page for color photocopies
- $.50 a page for color photocopies two sides
- $2.00 to replace a library card
- $3.00 for replacement of video, DVD, music or art case
- $6.00 for replacement of audio book case
- $2.00 for each interlibrary loan item not picked up
Replacement of Lost and Destroyed Library materials
- Retail price of the item
- $40.00 refundable deposit for each use of the Community Room by groups
- No Fee for use of conference and study rooms inside the Library