BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
Search the descriptions below to find the board, commission, or committee you are looking for.
- Mansfield Economic Development Corporation
- The MEDC administers the half-cent sales tax authorized by voters to promote economic development within the city. The board directs and coordinates the broad-based expansion of the business and commercial tax base of the city, as well as promoting job growth and quality development in Mansfield.
- Mansfield Park Facilities Development Corporation (MPFDC)
- The Mansfield Park Facilities Development Corporation is appointed by the city council to administer the budget generated by a half-cent sales tax approved by voters in 1992 to fund parks and recreation facilities.
- Mansfield Public Library Advisory Board
- The Library Advisory Board advises City Council on matters pertaining to the public library service.
- Zoning Board of Adjustments
- The Board hears requests for variances and special exceptions to the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance, and decides on appeals when it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official in the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance.
- Senior Citizens Advisory Council
- The Senior Citizens Advisory Council confers and works with the Senior Coordinator on matters relating to Senior Center activities.
- Historic Landmark Commission
- HLC makes recommendations to the City Council on the designation of historic sites or districts and approves or disapproves new construction, or the alteration or maintenance of any historic resource.
- Planning & Zoning Commission
- The P&Z Commission is responsible for the approval of all subdivision plats. The Commission studies and reviews plans and recommends to City Council action to be taken in regard to City growth
- Keep Mansfield Beautiful Commission
- The Keep Mansfield Beautiful Commission works to implement beautification and clean up programs throughout the city, with a goal of improving the image and overall appearance of Mansfield.
- Capital Improvements Advisory Committee
- The CIAC serves in an advisory capacity to advise and assist the City Council in adopting land use assumptions.